The Pitch & Win session will give 5 African tech start-ups a chance to make themselves known and receive recognition in the industry. After receiving entries from all over Africa, our judges have selected the following
- AfyaBima: a mobile Micro health Insurance product for the low income and informal sector population
- CitySpy: an app aiming to streamline community policing strategies by merging it with location-based social networking strategies
- iGrow Academy: an online business vocational college
- The Medical Concierge Group: a Health IT enterprise based in Uganda, Kenya and Nigeria founded in 2012.
- Vericom: Machine 2 Machine (M2M) solution targeting consumers in different sectors
5 start-ups will pitch for 3 minutes in front of our panel of judges and will have 3 minutes to answer questions from the judges.
The judges will deliberate and will name the top Ahub start-up. All finalists will receive feedback from the judges on their pitch.
Derrick Kotze, CEO, mLab Southern Africa
Pierre Cloete, EP Head TV & Media, Ericsson
Susie Goldring, Director, 22tribes
Peter Martin, Northwind Capital
When will the winner be announced?
- The winner will be announced at the Ericsson AHUB on Wednesday 18th November at 4pm.